We are excited to announce that for the first time, PMI Singapore Chapter Academic Outreach will sponsor a few Certified Associate of Project Management (CAPM) certifications this year. We will reimburse the exam fee of USD 220 (~ SGD 300) for a limited number of students upon their successful passing the exam.
What is CAPM and why do you need it?
The Certified Associate of Project Management (CAPM) is a globally recognized credential that opens the door to opportunities at every stage of your career in the field of project management. It’s an asset that will distinguish you in the job market and enhance your credibility and effectiveness working on — or with — project teams.
The CAPM certification is an essential first step in building a career as a project manager. It can also aid you in pursuing many of our major certifications including the gold standard PM certification, the Project Management Professional (PMP).
What does the exam look like and what are the prerequisites?
The current CAPM certification involves taking a 150-question exam that tests your aptitude in:
- Project Management Fundamentals and Core Concepts
- Predictive Plan-Based Methodologies
- Agile Frameworks/Methodologies
- Business Analysis Frameworks
To sit for the exam, you must meet the following CAPM requirements:
- Have a secondary degree, such as a high school diploma, GED (general educational development), or global equivalent and
- Have at least 23 contact hours of project management education completed before the exam (this can be fulfilled for example by taking a course at your education institute)
Criteria for reimbursement:
- pass the exam
- must be a student of accredited institution of higher learning in Singapore at the time of taking the exam or have graduated from such within one year when taking the exam.
Additional Information & Next Steps:
• Find all further information about the exam and reimbursement process here.
• Register your interest here – so that we can contact you (this is not a pre-requisite for you to take the exam and get reimbursed)
• Follow us on our LinkedIn Group to get the latest information.
Where can I find further information about CAPM and the exam?
For further information consult the official PMI CAPM website.