29 October 2014 | Professional Development Event | Mining For Gold! Facilitations Skills for Productive Meetings, Teams, Projects, Client Meetings and Staff Sessions
Michael was the FIRST Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) in Singapore and one of only 6 living in Asia and the Middle East out of 660 worldwide. He has spoken in 33 countries engaging audiences with his style and knowledge. He has written a book “Mining for Gold: Facilitation Skills to Unearth a Wealth of Ideas from Your Team” published by Prentice-Hall. His topic for the night is on Facilitation.
Facilitation is NOT speaking, training or even coaching. Facilitation is the art of helping others discover their own answers. Learn how to draw quiet people out (still waters run deep), how to keep dominators from dominating, how to get more input, faster and then get people to take action on ideas.
You will learn in a short 2 hours:
- 10 Ways to get people to open up
- The differences between speeches, seminars, workshops and facilitation
- 6 things to NEVER DO (as they shut people down)
- 3 key ways to create independence in people so you don't have to work so hard and do not get stuck 'doing it all yourself'!
- How and why to protect 'bears' and 'fish' in your project meetings, team meetings and other sessions you run
Date: 29 October 2014, Wednesday
Time: 7.00pm to 9.00pm, Registrations and Refreshments start from 6.30pm
Location: Theatrette | Singapore Post Centre | 10 Eunos Road 8 | Singapore 408600
SPMI Member: SGD 55.00
*EARLY BIRD OFF SGD 15.00 valid till 15 October 2014
About the Speaker
Michael Podolinsky CSP, CSPGlobal wrote Asia's first book on Facilitation Skills for Pearson Prentice Hall Publishing.